Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Vacationing at home


Many a time I find myself scavenging through numerous websites trying to find that perfect vacation destination with that prefect deal… I even tried to entice some friends for a road trip to make the dollar go further J.. After number of hours spent on the web and countless emails exchanged with friends it was looking like none of the deals exist and that everyone has clashing schedules. I was determined to vacation ...This is what I did.. blocked weekend off from my social calendar planned to spend some quality time at home enjoying it with the luxuries of a hotel and simple pleasures that a usual weekend blocked with social commitments doesn’t allow...I used some aromatic candles in the hurricane shells we had recently created for the living room to give it a nice chic look, booked a massage, marinated some fish for a BBQ by the lake. It was perfect ....I realized that sometimes all you need is a free weekend relaxing at home sipping on some delicious wine by the warmth of a fireplace to create the perfect vacation !

No comments:

Post a Comment